Over the years, StoneBridge Business Partners professionals have conducted fraud investigations and forensic accounting for hundreds of clients. Among the cases:
- Investigated countless embezzlements affecting a wide variety of organizations. The thefts investigated range from tens of thousands to millions of dollars. Our work product has been instrumental in assisting organizations with recovering these funds either through civil and/or criminal actions.
- Worked in conjunction with the court-appointed receiver and the SEC in a multi-million dollar Ponzi scheme involving hundreds of investors. Millions of dollars were identified and recovered for distribution to the creditors.
- Assisted an insurance company in validating a loss of income and damages claim used as the basis of a legal proceeding against them. A forensic review of the claimant’s books and records indicated that the loss of income was significantly overstated. In addition, through our business valuation expertise, we were able to identify inconsistencies with their personal injury claim, assisting our client in settling for a fraction of the amount originally sought.
- Assisted a multi-national manufacturer in investigating the alleged theft of inventory in East European ports. Utilizing the diverse resources available to us, we were able to investigate the origin and remediate the problems they were experiencing.
- Engaged by a Fortune 500 company to perform a forensic review of sales force expense reports submitted for reimbursement. Identified thousands of dollars in unsubstantiated and/or inappropriate reimbursement requests and led to the strengthening of policies and procedures surrounding expense reimbursement.
- Performed forensic accounting of investment portfolio held by a spouse in a matrimonial dispute, whereby hidden assets were alleged. Discovered significant potential assets as a result of AMT taxes paid with matrimonial assets by spouse exercising Incentive Stock Options (ISOs).