Whether you are contemplating a merger or acquisition, establishing an estate, gift or succession plan, settling a business dispute, or updating a buy-sell agreement, business valuation is at the foundation of your decision. You can move forward with confidence, when you have a deep understanding of the value of your business.
Understanding your goals
At StoneBridge Business Partners, our only priority is to focus on the goals and issues that are important to you and your company. After all, it is only in this context that our qualifications and capabilities matter to you. Our client-focused approach ensures that your needs are always first.
A team that’s focused on valuation
At StoneBridge, our business valuation professionals work as a dedicated team, and bring significant prectical experience and the highest levels of credentials. Their professional designations include:
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Many have also earned MBAs and volunteered in professional organizations. Meet our leadership team.
We believe you will find the level of experience and achievement among our professionals to be superior than that found in other regional accounting firms, where dedicated teams are a rarity. We also believe, valuation-only firms do not have the depth and breadth of tax and accounting expertise that is often required in complex engagements.
Through our affiliation with EFPR Group, a large, full-service public accounting firm, we take advantage of our in-house expertise in taxation, accounting and financial advisory practice areas, which often impact valuation.
In addition, as a member of the Financial Consulting Group, we have access to some of the country’s leading experts in business valuation and litigation services. Our team accesses these experts for unique engagements or valuation topics.
Our business appraisal reports are prepared in conformance with professional business valuation standards, including the AICPA’s Statement on Standards for Valuation Services, the American Society of Appraisers’ Business Valuation Standards and The Appraisal Foundation’s Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.
- We bring the practical experience of advising clients in selling and transferring shareholder interests to the valuation process.
- We fully understand the need for adjustments of historical financial statements in the valuation process.
- We prepare well-documented reports that adhere to professional standards and can withstand the scrutiny of courts and taxing authorities.
Valuations for many purposes
We deliver a broad range of business valuation services:
- Tax-related services – estate planning; estate and gift tax filings; S-Corporation elections; other corporate reorganizations; charitable donations; equity compensation; review of IRS valuations
- Shareholder liquidity services – establishing or updating buy-sell agreements; shareholder purchase/sales transactions; stock redemptions: sales to Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs); life insurance funding
- Corporate transaction services – acquisition or sale; merger exchange ratios; shareholder disputes, including dissenting shareholder and minority oppression cases
- Litigation Support Services – shareholder disputes, including dissenting shareholder and minority oppression cases
- Accounting-related services – for purchase price allocations (FASB ASC 805) and goodwill impairment (FASB ASC 350)
- Intellectual property services – for sale or licensing of intellectual property
- Professional licensing and practices – for transactions in partnership interests, purchases or sales of partnerships
Learn more about us
Our team members write and publish articles on business valuation. Browse our StoneBridge Resource Library.
We also maintain relationships with colleagues at a number of professional organizations with which we are affiliated.